Okta, Inc. (NASDAQ: Okta), the leading independent identity provider, today at Oktane22, introduced new innovations for Okta Workforce Identity Cloud, strengthening its single control plane for managing identity across all enterprise resources and users. New innovations include anti-phishing factors across user types and resources, and unified access management, governance, and privileged capabilities through a user-friendly solution end users and IT professionals love.
Enterprise workforces today are made up of employees, contractors, and business partners leveraging technologies across on-premise, cloud, and hybrid environments to meet their goals. In a complex and rapidly changing technological ecosystem, identity remains critical connective tissue between the ecosystem of people and the technologies they need to do their best work. Phishing in particular continues to be one of the most pressing problems, with more than 60% of social engineering-driven data breaches attributed to credential abuse, according to Verizon’s 2022 Data Breach Investigations Report. As the enterprise becomes more heterogeneous, enterprises need a unified identity approach to protect employees, third-parties, and critical infrastructure from rising identity-based threats.
Enterprises can combat phishing and third-party vulnerabilities with new security features such as:
- Advanced Phishing-Resistant Access Capabilities for FastPass: Provides phishing resistance for all managed devices, and phishing resistance for unmanaged devices across MacOS, Windows, and Android operating systems.
- WebAuthn Allow List: Helps enterprises to lock down WebAuthn enrollment to only hardware keys issued by a specific organization to prevent phishing attempts.
- Passkey Management: Prevents users from enrolling with a multi-device FIDO credential such as passkeys, pre-empting any potential risks of unmanaged and unsecured devices accessing sensitive applications.
- New Enhanced Security Checks for Unmanaged Devices: Gives security teams deeper insight into the devices attempting to access their applications and data, enabling their organizations’ zero trust security initiatives across their entire workforce and supply chain.
Workflows users can create new security automation responses with the following features:
- Security Templates: Empowers teams to take proactive measures such as identifying changes in user behavior that create a risk to the organization, continuously monitoring and improving the organization’s security posture, or fully automating security policy enforcement at the identity layer.
- Connector Builder: Simplifies the building of new connectors without code using Workflows’ no-code designer. Technology vendors can use Connector Builder to create connectors for their customers, and admins can also easily connect custom tools.
Key new capabilities of Okta Privileged Access includes:
- Credential Vaulting: Provides credential vaulting and rotation for Local User Accounts and human-managed shared secrets, and will provide just-in-time (JIT) access request and approval workflows for human, machine, and application users alike, eliminating the need for unnecessary standing permissions.
- Privileged Governance and Compliance: Generates privileged access reports and added session management capabilities, creating an audit trail to detect and prevent unwanted behavior, and to aid in proving compliance.
- Modern Infrastructure Access Management: Offers passwordless access management using ephemeral certificate-based authorization for modern infrastructure including Kubernetes, Linux, and Windows servers.
Okta’s unified identity platform approach enables enterprises to:
- Automate Processes Across IAM, Okta Identity Governanceand Okta Privileged Access: Integrates multiple identity solutions into a single platform with low time to value and without using code or APIs.
- End Identity Silos: Drives better security and compliance outcomes by eliminating identity silos to provide end-to-end governance and access management.
- Streamline Management of Enterprise Identities: Enhances management of access and entitlements across every resource, and for any user with any level of privilege.